About Our Family
Julie and Kurtis are a young couple that own and oversee the operation at Blue Pigeon Resort. They purchased the property in 2014 in the hopes that it will grow and become a family legacy in the future.
What was once known as Sugar Bush Cottages was rebranded as Blue Pigeon Resort with a new vision in mind and a goal of what the future will bring for them and their family. Opening its doors to the public for the first time in 2015; Julie and Kurtis understood the challenges of a new business but have managed to grow the Resort into a place where families and friends come to gather year after year.
Residing in the GTA, Blue Pigeon Resort is their summer “home”; you will often find Julie in the office and Kurtis overseeing the maintenance and operations of the site. Their combine efforts have turned Blue Pigeon Resort into the premier cottage rental in the Trent Lakes region.
They are excited to fulfill the family’s vision and enjoy meeting new friends in the process.
Blue Pigeon Resort
79 Fire Route 103B, Bobcaygeon
4.3 84 reviews
- Elma Ducic ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoSpent the long weekend here with our family. Kids had a great time. Booking and checking in was easy and the staff were all always responsive and helpful with any questions.We had some minor issues with our cottage (electrical and water … More heater) but they had a technician come in to fix it for us promptly.We had no other problems. The cottages were very clean and kitchen was well equippedThe owners were personable and listened to our recommendations.Have already booked again for labour day and looking forward to it. Definitely recommend this place
- Mercy Fadziso Shambare ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoLove this place...my third visit. Everything is amazing about this resort. Very nice place to relax, unwind and enjoy nature. Great for families. We had an excellent time and will definitely come back again and again. Customer service … More is excellent and staff take great care that you enjoy your stay.
- Christopher Malik ★★★★★ a week agoNothing less than great. Spent last weekend there with some friends and family. The kids were happy with the pool and the playground and rentals that were available.I was happy that we were able to stream the soccer gameWives were happy … More that the cottages were clean and updated.We've been to many places but this one was definitely the one to come back too. Their cottages aren't as rustic as most of the others that we have too.The owners were very helpful and great people. Family business which made it all the better listening to their story. They have many cottages but with the size of their property didn't feel too crowded or noisy. We've already booked for next year!
- Wardah ★★★★★ 2 weeks agoComing here is always an enjoyable experience. It's a great place to spend time with the family. We love heading out here just to relax.The cottage is cozy and comfortable. They have a convenient boat rental service with the lake near … More by. The owners are very kind and friendly. No complaints, overall an amazing resort.
- Patricia Thompson ★★★★☆ 2 weeks agoThis was our first family camping trip and we all had a good time. There were a few mishaps on the first day but everything was addressed by management quickly! Great place for kids to ride their bikes. Everyone was super friendly and … More helpful. We plan to return again next year and hopefully many years to come
- Lisa Ding ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoA great weekend at blue pigeon resort.We were lucky with the weather and got to explore the lake with a pontoon. Cottages were well kept, clean and cozy.Owners were very nice and answered our questions and guided us to trails as well as … More the best restaurants and shops in town.
- Samantha Valadao ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoBeautiful resort! The owners were friendly and always available when we had questions or needed help. The check in was easy and the cottages were very clean and well maintained. Definitely will be coming back again!!
- Mary ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoLittle getaway for the whole family. The staffs were impeccable and friendly . If there was any problems or concerns ,the management team was able to solve the issue immediately. I highly recommend this Blue pigeon resort. Beautiful area. … More
- Leslie Clairmont ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoSpent a week at Blue Pigeon Resort with my family. Their cottages are clean, modern and spacious. Management was a pleasure to deal with as they were extremely accommodating.They offered a lot of options in terms of cottages and prices … More so we were able to accommodate everybody's needs in our family.The kids had fun fishing and playing in the parks and the swimming pool was always heated for those windier days in the lake.Would highly recommend this place to our friends and family
- Ben McLarty ★★★★★ a year agoThe highlight every year with the entire gang. Three generations come together every from all parts of Ontario and gather here. Always have a great, the cottages are always clean, functional and newly renovated through the years. Kids … More have a lot of amenities on site outdoors and in., . Boat rentals are available on site which is amazing since the fishing in the lake is out of this year. Hosts are very friend and accommodating and the entire booking process was so easy
- Sylvia Ligocka ★★★★★ a year agoMy boyfriend and I have stayed at Blue Pigeon Resort many times. The owners are amazing and very welcoming. We love their cottages and it feels like our second home. The cottages are clean, comfortable and the location is excellent. There's … More lots to do in the area. Last time we rented one of the resort's boats to explore beautiful Pigeon Lake.I can't wait to visit next year and see their new cabins!
- Caroline Desson ★★★★★ a year agoHave been coming to Bobcaygeon for weekly summer stay since I was a girl and these are the cleaner of all the ones that I have been to in the area.Been taking our kids here for the last three years and every year we come back there is a … More pleasant surprise with upgrades or new additions to the property.The owners are very nice and accommodating and we always enjoy our stay with them.Salt water pool on site is a bonus on the raining days and being located in the cove there are no noisy boats going by.Can't wait to continue our family traditions annually and see the owners vision come to life
- Heidi Perilli ★★★★★ 2 years agoWe just stayed for a week in one of their cabins. What a lovely place!The cottage and grounds are beautiful. A home from home, it was very comfortable and great for our 3 year old and 7 year old. It’s a good base for exploring the local … More area.They have the water trampoline and water activities for the kids to enjoy. We come every year with two other families and just absolutely love it. They have a nice pool for the kids on days where the lake is a bit too chilly to dive into. Also nice green space for the kids to run and a volleyball court for our small tournaments.Well priced for what you get. For rates like this you can't ask for more. Especially alot of other resorts that we have been in the area are very run down but they have done a great job of renovating the old property and can't wait to see what they do next.If you’re thinking of booking do! You won’t be disappointed
- Maja Korica ★★★★★ 2 years agoBeautiful quiet clean cottages., beautiful area.There's a little something for everyone to do. The owners are wonderful and the staff are friendly and attentive! I had an amazing vacation with my friends up there! I can't wait … More to come back next year! 🙂
- Joshua Van Keulen ★★★★★ a year agoExcellent cottage Amazing for Family and Children . Awesome Fishing with great dock and comfortable beds
- Danieltdn ★★★★★ 2 years agoBeautiful cottages along the water. Good for families and large groups. All the cottages were very clean. Lots of fun things to do here!
- Vongayi Mubaiwa ★★★★★ a year agoMy family and I went up to Blue Pigeon last week. We had an amazing time out there, my kids had the time of their lives. They absolutely loved the trampoline. The cabins were beautiful and very clean. The owners are well organized and offer … More enough fun to keep your family busy..This resort is a great place to relax. We will defiantly be going back. Spacial thanks to Julie for her outstanding hospitality.