The Ultimate Cottage Packing List!
Cottages are places to relax and rejuvenate, not just our physical bodies, but our mental and emotional state as well.
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-time visitor, we know that packing can get overwhelming. To ensure you have a stress-free and delightful experience during your stay at our resort, we have crafted a packing list tailored specifically for guests. So, leave your worries behind and let’s dive into the essential items you’ll need for your next visit to Blue Pigeon Resort!
Having a cottage packing list will save you time and stress, whether you’re heading to the cottage for the first time or you’re an expert.
Everything is digital now and we are no different than the rest of the world out there, no documents are needed; simply plug our address into your GPS and come!
Every cottage kitchen has its own set of necessities. We have equipped the kitchen with basic supplies, you will need to add these to your cottage packing list.
- Aluminum foil & Cling wrap
- BBQ tool kit including flippers and tongs (supplied, but in case you have a preference)
- Knives of choice
- Grounded coffee; machine and filter are supplied
- Compost bags
- Cool packs or pre-made bag of ice
- Cooler – for your day(s) on the boat or just to have for additional drinks
- Dish soap
- Tupperware or Ziploc for your leftovers
- Garbage bags (small and large)
- Hand soap
- Ice cube tray
- Kitchen towels
- Plastic/Paper dishware
- Pillowcases, pillows are supplied on each bed but I get it, you’d prefer your own pillows.
- Bedsheets (also available to rent if you don’t want to bring your own)
- Covers and a lighter one for those chillier evenings out by your firepit
- Toilet paper
- Hair dryer
- Anti-bacterial wipes/
- Disinfectant / all-purpose cleaner
- Laundry detergent – if you plan on using the Laundry machines on site
- Scrubbing brushes/sponges
- Any medication required or your “must haves”
- Antibacterial ointment
- Camping chairs
- Citronella candles
- Collapsible Gazebo
- Lantern / Flashlight + batteries
- Whistle for young ones
FOOD & DRINKS:
Menu planning is essential! You don’t want to spend the entire week wondering what you’re going to eat for dinner and having to trek into town for additional ingredients. It’s always better than not enough or a better solution would be to prepare the necessities at home and you can purchase fresh produce at the local farmer’s market on the weekends. Don’t forget the tasty treats! Here are a few things you’ll need to get started.
- Beverages – Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic
- Ground Coffee
- Cooking oil / butter
- S’mores including graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows – tools to make it as easy as possible for the little tikes
- Salt + pepper
- Spices + condiments
*** Our water is Potable on Site, we do have an on site water treatment system so lugging those cases of water is completely unnecessary.
- After-sun aloe vera
- Eye drops
- Eye shades + ear plugs
- Nail clipper
- Your clothing of choice, but come dressed to be relaxed and comfortable
It feels like you’re taking the entire house with you when you’re packing for a cottage! You do not need to travel in bags. They already take up a lot of room. The most popular packing methods are totes and laundry baskets. You’d be surprised at how much more you can fit in your car!
With this cottage packing list in hand, you’re well-prepared for an unforgettable stay at Blue Pigeon Resort. Remember, relaxation and rejuvenation are the primary goals of your visit, so pack items that will enhance your experience and allow you to fully immerse yourself in the natural beauty and lake. Safe travels, and we look forward to meeting you at Blue Pigeon Resort!